Importing Data whilst Adding/updating Files - III
Adding Files - FolderSync
FolderSync does not appear to acknowledge the data assignments set in the Cataloging Options dialog.
The results of Cataloging Options set to append Keywords/Description/Field data and with Advanced Cataloging Options -> Properties 'Extract Description' settings are as follow:
In summary, adding files/data via FolderSync always ignores the assigned values in the Cataloging Options dialog.
- Extract Description:
- An embedded Description is always written according to rules set in Advanced Cataloging Options Properties tab.
- The Description assigned in Cataloging Options is not read/assigned.
- Extract Keywords:
- Any embedded Keyword(s) are always written according to rules set in Advanced Cataloging Options Properties tab.
- Any Keyword(s) assigned in Cataloging Options are not read/assigned.
- Custom Fields - Mapping 'On':
- Embedded Field metadata is always extracted
- Field Values assigned via in Cataloging Options are not imported.
- Custom Fields - Mapping 'Off':
- No embedded values are extracted.
- Field metadata assigned via in Cataloging Options is not imported.
Read Part IV of the article...
[With thanks to L M Galbraith for all the research.]
Question: Importing Data whilst Adding/updating Files - III [FAQ00309.htm]
Last Update:- 01 June 2006