Embed Digimarc ID dialog (v6)
Portfolio allows you to embed a Digimarc watermark directly into a file using the Embed Digimarc ID command. Before you attempt this, keep the following important points in mind:
- You must be registered with Digimarc and have a unique Creator ID to be able to embed watermarks. Visit the Digimarc website at www.digimarc.com to register and get your ID.
- Portfolio can only embed watermarks in JPEG and certain kind of TIFF files. Portfolio does not embed watermarks in other file formats, in 16-bit or multichannel TIFF files, including CMYK images and greyscale images with alpha channels.
Watermarks are permanent data stored in your original files. It is strongly recommended that you save unwatermarked back ups of your images.
The Embed Digimarc ID dialog is called from the Item menu:
To embed a Digimarc watermark:
- Select the item(s) that you wish to have watermarked.
- Choose Item > Embed Digimarc ID
- Enter your Creator ID and choose the data that you want to embed in the file. This can include a Copyright year, and an optional Content flag that marks images as Restricted or Adult.
- Configure the Durability and Target Output settings for the watermark. For an explanation of these items, see the 'watermarking_guide.pdf' on your Portfolio CD.
- Click Embed to complete the process. Portfolio will add the specified data to the selected item(s).
If you can't find the Watermarking Guide on your Portfolio CD, then try the page of documents about v6 (the page has links to documents in PDF format).
Digimarc support is being phased out in later versions of the v6 client and has gone from v7 (too few active users for cost of maintaining support for the code).
Question: Embed Digimarc ID dialog (v6) [FAQ00280.htm]
Last Update:- 31 May 2006